Okay, you knows things are dire when your last two posts are both ‘Thinking Out Loud Thursday’ themed and two weeks apart at that! Ouch. Here’s a look ahead at what I’ve got going on for October and since it isn’t really organized or themed in any sort of way, it’s just perfect for the random nature of this linkup.
1. Holy cow it’s October already!? It seems like it was just the beginning of September a few days ago but already here we are heading into our second month of school. I had all these grand plans of ‘getting back into my routine’ once school started but one month later, I’m not quite sure I’m there yet. Guess I’ve got lots of work to do this month getting my life back in order!
2. Against my better judgement I’ve joined a blogging challenge for this month. Quite simply, the challenge is to try and post every day. Gulp. Considering my posts are few and far between these days, this is going to be quite the challenge but I’m hoping it will be just the thing I need to recapture that blogging spark again.
3. Race reports! I’ve run some pretty epic races in the past couple months and just haven’t taken the time to sit down and write about them yet. I ran in some really beautiful places, ran some really challenging courses and just plain had fun at so many events. I’m looking forward to reliving those in some posts this month.
4. Ethiopia! My trip to Ethiopia with Run for Water is fast approaching so I have tons of things I want to write about in relation to this trip. I’m working hard at securing some major donors and on top of that I have so many things to figure out and prepare for, this is so different from any trip I’ve ever been on before.
5. Yes, I’m going to Ethiopia. Can’t wait to tell you more about this incredible opportunity.
6. Now that my biggest races are over for the year, it’s time to reset and start thinking about where my training should go for the next few months. The fall is a perfect time to start fresh so I’m hoping to set some direction in the next couple weeks.
7. As if running, the boys and travelling to Ethiopia weren’t enough for this fall, I decided to put my hand up and take on the role of PAC President at my sons’ school this year. I know my life is already busy but since I’ve quit working professionally, I’ve really missed having projects to work on. I’m hoping that working hard for the good of the school will be a fun way to capture some of that ‘work-ish stuff’ I’ve been missing and get more involved with the boys. It’s a huge undertaking but so far, so good!
8. I’m also pretty excited that my last half marathon of the year is coming up this month, the Rock ’n’ Roll Vancouver Half Marathon and Cunningham Seawall 10k. This is still a pretty new event in town and I have had the pleasure of blogging with the Rock ’n’ Blog team for the past two years. It’s always fun to be involved with these events and I’m really looking forward to welcoming runners to our beautiful city!
9. Speaking of costumes, I’m already pretty excited about Hallowe’en. We have a fun pumpkin run coming up with the boys in a few weeks and then the main event at the end of the month. I always like to make my boys’ costumes and thankfully they’ve picked pretty easy things this year – a spider and a kitty cat. Better get sewing!
Anyhow, October is going to be another busy month but I’m looking forward to it. And thanks to that darn blogging challenge, you’ll be able to read all about it!
To see what other bloggers are thinking out loud about this month, check out the linkup here.