Aren’t bloggy linkups great? Someone else takes the weight off your shoulders by giving you a writing prompt. No need to rack your brain for original ideas, thought-provoking topics or things you can pass yourself off as an expert on. The perfect way to fill up Day 8 of my October Blogging Challenge!
Thanks as always to Running With Spoons for hosting this one!
So along those lines, this week I’m randomly thinking out loud about said Blogging Challenge…
1. 31 Days of Blog Posts! What was I thinking? ‘Nuff said.
2. Day 8. I’ve made it to Day 8 and so far so good. Okay sure, yesterday’s post didn’t get finished until 9:00 pm (oops) but it still counts, right? As someone who only posted 5 times over the ENTIRE summer, I think 8 days in a row is pretty darn good. Well done, Nikki.
3. One of the biggest things I’m hoping to get out of this challenge is recapturing my desire to write. And write often. I started this blog because I love to write and wanted some accountability when I started running. I loved writing about what I was doing, how it was going and how bad I was at it. This summer kind of changed things though for some reason but I’m ready to start loving it again.
4. One thing I notice already is how much I’m enjoying READING blogs again. I confess, I got out of the habit but reading and sharing posts from the other bloggers in the challenge has been really enjoyable.
5. 31 posts. All. In. A. Row. Yikes, that’s a lot.
6. Given that I need to be posting everyday and this is, well, a running blog, I’m slowly finding my mojo again. I didn’t post much this summer but I also didn’t run much this summer and I hate that. September was nuts but now that we’re into October I’ve found it easier to want to run again. And that makes me very happy.
7. Another thing I’m hoping to get out of this is to get better at scheduling and planning my content. This blog is not a job for me by any means but it sure would help me get more posts up if I were more organized and worked ahead. Not having any luck with that so far (says the girl who just finished today’s post and is now writing another. Sigh.)
8. Thank goodness for race reports. I ran some pretty rad races that I haven’t yet posted about so it’s nice to know that I at least have a handful of days taken care of with race reports alone!
9. I don’t particularly care for housekeeping in my real life house but apparently I also don’t care for housekeeping on my blog either. After switching to WordPress and self-hosting last year I totally lost track of the fact that some of my info pages haven’t even been finished and made live yet. Geesh. Finishing those is going to feel like having an extra few days in October!
10. One of the cool things about reading so many other new blogs is feeling inspired by so many different writing styles, blog topics and post ideas. I love seeing how other arrange their posts and do their graphics – it’s kind of helping me feel a bit more creative as I try to come up with something new and interesting each day.
11. I feel a bit ‘small potatoes’ compared to some of the accomplished and talented bloggers in the group but hey, we all gotta start somewhere, right?
12. Lastly, this whole thing came about during Mudderella weekend. Two of my teammates were hugely successful bloggers and just through random conversation, it was hard not to feel inspired to try a little harder with mine. I love how other peoples’ vibes can rub off a little like that.
So, we’ll see how the rest of the month goes. 8 down, 23 to go! Will I get back in the groove? Will I start feeling a little more inspired and creative? All of that we shall see but in the meantime I can definitely say I’m enjoying the challenge.
To see what other bloggers are thinking out loud about today, visit the linkup here.