At the end of May I will be running my fifth ultra marathon and if you’ve been reading my blog for awhile you know how important Run for Water has become to me. In 2013 I wasn’t sure if I’d be able to cover the distance or complete the fundraising and now here I am, back for a third year and feeling like it’s going to be the best one yet.
Aside from my unfortunate string of injuries (some significant, some not) my training has been going well. Setbacks are a part of the distance running game it seems and all things considered I feel like I’m in a pretty good place. The nice part of having done this event a couple times already is knowing what has worked in the past and what I need to improve on.
So, with my training well under control, it’s time for to pour some energy into the fundraising side of things. It is always tough to straight-out ask friends and family for money so in the past two years I’ve tried to find other ways to reach my fundraising goal.
One of the most successful things from last year was the silent auction I put together, so I’m bringing it back for Run for Water 2015!
I consider myself so fortunate that through my running I have developed relationships with so many wonderful brands and organizations. Last year I had just a handful of items to auction off and this year I am so thankful and proud to be able to offer over 20 great items. Once again, I am humbled by everyone’s generosity and willingness to donate items to this cause.
I am busy getting everything all ready to go live on Facebook later this week but wanted to release a bit of a teaser to get you excited. I’ve put together the following list of items with just enough detail to pique your interest but not enough to give it all away.
This year I am so excited to offer you the opportunity to bid on…
- Entries to both local and destination races
- Several pairs of shoes from more than one amazing brand
- Various pieces of jewelry and accessories from Stella & Dot
- Gift baskets full of goodies worth $100, $250 and more
- Things you can listen to, things that are tight and things you can put on your hands and face!
- Kids items, products that are near and dear to my heart and even a bit of sparkle
- One lucky bidder will even take home a brand new GPS device
How will it work?
- All items will be posted for auction in a photo album on the RFW Silent Auction FB page
- Each item will be described in the photo’s caption, including a starting bid (SB) and acceptable bidding increments.
- To bid, simply post a comment on the photo stating your bid (i.e. $5.00)
- You may outbid someone by adding a higher bid in the comments on the photo until the auction closes.
- All bids must meet the bidding increments stated for each item (i.e. $5.00 increments)
- At the end of the auction, the person who commented with the highest bid wins the item