I am the road runner who said I was never going to run trails.
As the one who was just happy to be putting one foot in front of the other I didn’t see any reason to throw unnecessary obstacles in my way like steep hills, rocks and roots. Why run dirty, dusty and challenging trails when I could run my smooth, rhythmic and calming roads?
But then I met Solana and she made me do it anyway despite my protest. Turns out even this road runner loves trail running. It’s dirty, dusty and challenging yes, but also scenic, calming and one of the best workouts out there!
There are tons of reasons to love trail running and here are 8 reasons why you should get off the road and try trails this summer too…
1. The scenery is amazing
2. You get to wear cool shoes
3. Aid stations look like this!
4. You get to run on cool boardwalks
4. And jump in lots of puddles
5. The people are fantastic!
6. There are little surprises hidden everywhere
7. If you fall, it just makes you seem tougher
8. It’s always okay to walk up the hills!
So whether you’re itching to try trails for the first time or are already a seasoned bush whacker,I am very excited to offer you the chance to go run some trails with 5 Peaks! They are super excited to have brand new courses for their Cypress Mountain event on July 26 and have given me a free entry to give away to one of my readers!
Here’s how to enter:
- All you have to do is leave us a comment below and let us know via the Rafflecopter
- You can earn extra entries by choosing as many of the other Rafflecopter options as you like
- Don’t forget you can tweet about the giveaway every day for multiple entries!
- There’s an option for everyone so tell all your friends!
- Winner will be chosen randomly and notified on Thursday, July 17
I’m pretty excited to go bust a gut on the challenging new Enduro course and I’m excited to see who wins the chance to come out and do it too! I wish you the best of luck!