Okay, in my effort to keep myself occupied this week while I wait for ‘the main event’, I have been tring to make myself useful and do some cooking and baking to throw in the freezer. I made a big grocery shopping trip the other day with these frozen meals in mind, as well as to grab a bunch of convenient stuff to have on hand for other quick and easy meals after the baby comes.
Anyhow, here’s what I’ve accomplished in the past few days:
- 3 loaves of chocolate zucchini loaf (1 loaf already eaten – oops!)
- 3 dozen banana muffins
- 3 containers of beef stew
- 2.5 containers of carrot and ginger soup (first time trying the recipe, turned out great)
- 1 large bag of grilled chicken breast for salads, wraps, curries etc.
- 1 large bag of browned ground beef for sauces, tacos, chili etc.
- 3 containers of spaghetti sauce
My mom has been a huge help too and has made me some additional things including cookies, beef stroganoff, hamburger soup, shepherd’s pie, turkey noodle soup and lasagne.
The nice thing is that on the days we don’t feel like throwing something together, we can take out any of these meals and add a salad and vegetable and we’re home free! I guess the goal is to make meals as easy as possible and have things on hand for easy-to-prepare meals so that we don’t have to worry too much.
I’ve enjoyed the cooking and baking, but unfortunately ‘nesting’ for me doesn’t seem to include any cleaning. Sigh. I hate cleaning…